HAILSHAM BOWLING CLUB
The name of the club shall be the Hailsham Bowling Club.
It will comprise the following:
Purpose/Object of Club
The purposes of the club are to promote the amateur sport of Lawn Green Bowling in Hailsham and community participation in the same.
Alteration to the Rules
No alterations or amendments to these rules shall be made except at an AGM or EGM. These rules replace all previous editions of the rules of the Hailsham Bowling Club.
The Management of the club shall be vested in a General Management Committee consisting of the following Office Bearers who shall be elected at the AGM.
Hon. Fixture Secretary
Hon. Competition Secretary
Hon. Membership Secretary
Buildings & Maintenance Officer
The General Management committee shall have the power to fill any vacancy in their numbers, which may arise during the year. They shall meet once a month or at any other time convenient to themselves. A quorum shall consist of five members.
They may appoint such sub-committee as may be necessary to assist in the management of the Club. Any such sub-committee shall keep a proper record of their proceedings. Any sub-committee shall cease to exist at the Club’s AGM until or unless reformed by a new committee.
The General Management Committee shall have the authority to make or amend Club Regulations as and when necessary for the benefit of the Club.
- The Chairperson shall chair all business meetings and have an additional casting vote. The Chairperson shall represent the Club at all Official functions where the Club has an involvement.
- The Hon. Treasurer shall keep records of the Club’s income and expenditure during the year and shall prepare and present an audited Income and Expenditure Account at the Club’s AGM.
- The Hon. Secretary shall keep a record of all proceedings during the year and shall report these at the AGM.
- The Hon. Membership Secretary shall keep a record of all members of the Club, deal with all applications from potential new members and assist the Hon. Secretary with the duties of the post and be able to deputise for or take over the post should the occasion arise.
- The Club Captain will be responsible, with the assistance of the Vice-Captain’s for the selection of players for matches. The Vice-Captain’s shall deputise for and assist the Club Captain as required.
- The Ladies Secretary shall be the formal representative of the Club when dealing with the SCWBA.
- The Hon. Fixture Secretary shall arrange all the Club’s fixtures and will liaise with the Club Captain on matters concerning matches.
- The Hon. Competition Secretary shall arrange such competitions as the General Management Committee consider necessary and will liaise with the Hon. Fixture Secretary and the Club Captain as necessary.#
- Buildings & Maintenance Officer shall be responsible the Club’s buildings, property, equipment and security.
- Media Secretary shall be responsible for the Club’s website, social media, event advertising and designing leaflets & posters as required.
- Other Officers
Gentlemen’s County Delegate
Ladies County Delegate
These officers shall be elected at the AGM in accordance with the voting rights (see section 14 v). Postal votes will be allowed.
- Bar committee
The purchase of alcohol for the Club, and the supply of alcohol by the Club, shall be managed by a committee whose members are: -
- members of the Club
- have attained the age of 18 years; and
- are elected by members of the Club at the AGM
No arrangements are, or are intended to be, made for any person to receive at the expense of the Club any commission, percentage or similar payment on, or with reference to purchases of alcohol by the Club.
No arrangements are, or are intended to be, made for any person directly or indirectly to derive any pecuniary benefit from the supply of alcohol by or on behalf of the Club to members or guests, apart from:-
- any benefit accruing to the Club as a whole or
- any benefit which a person derives indirectly by reason of the supply giving rise or contributing to a general gain from the carrying on of the Club
- President and Life Members
- The President shall serve for not more than three consecutive years. Nominations for the post of President shall be by invitation of a majority of the General Management Committee.
ii) There shall be no maximum number of Life members at any one time. Their elections shall be approved at the Club’s AGM from nominations submitted in writing to and received by the Hon. Secretary of the Committee at least 30 days prior to the date of the club’s AGM and recommended by the General Management Committee.
- Subscriptions and Joining Fees
The level of subscriptions and joining fees for the ensuing year will be decided by the General Management Committee for approval at the AGM.The Committee will decide other charges as and when considered necessary.The Club will endeavour to keep subscriptions at levels that will not pose a significant obstacle to people participating.
- Membership of the Club
- Membership of the Club shall be open to anyone interested in the sport on application regardless of sex, age, disability, ethnicity, nationality, sexual orientation, religion or other beliefs. However, limitation of membership according to available facilities is allowable on a non-discriminatory basis.
- The Club may have different classes of membership and subscription on a non-discriminatory basis.
- Existing members shall pay their subscriptions by 31st January in each year. No renewal reminders will be sent out.
- Where a subscription has not been received by 1st February membership will normally be forfeited and the place offered to the next person on the waiting list. Should there be extenuating circumstances, these should be brought to the General Management Committee’s notice in writing, for consideration.
- To re-join the Club the procedure will be the same as for a new member.
- New members - Upon receipt of an application the full joining fee and subscription shall be paid. If, within one month the new member wishes to revoke the membership then the joining fee and 4/5ths of the subscription will be refunded.
- Applicants for membership may not: -
- be admitted to membership, or
- be admitted, as candidates for membership, to any of the privileges of membership
without an interval of a least two days between their nomination or application for membership and their admission.
- Persons becoming members without prior nomination or application may not be admitted to the privileges of membership without an interval of a least two days between their becoming members and their admission.
- Alcohol will not be supplied, or is it intended that it will be supplied, to members on the premises otherwise than by or on behalf of the Club.
- Social Members - Candidates who pay a special fee, as set by the General Management Committee, shall be called Social Members. They shall have no voting rights. They shall be entitled to take part in all social events and attend matches as spectators. They shall only be entitled to use the Club green for roll-ups under the conditions of a fee paying visitor.
- All members will assist with any reasonable duties that may be requested of them by the General Management Committee. Where for any reason a member is unable to carry out the duty then they will be expected to arrange cover.
No person shall be allowed on the green unless wearing Bowls England authorised bowling shoes.Members and guests must adhere to the Club Code of Dress as displayed on the notice board.
In all matters relating to discipline and allegations of misconduct Bowls England Regulation 9 will apply.
- Personal Property
- Members may have the use of a locker, if available, for storing recognised equipment, on the payment of the appropriate fee.
- Members shall affect their own insurance for their equipment. The Club shall not be responsible for any personal property left in or on Club premises.
Any complaints or suggestions by Club members shall be made in writing to the Club Hon. Secretary. Decisions made by the General Management Committee shall be final.
- Permission to Play
- Only the Club Captain, the Vice-Captain or the Green Keeper shall authorise play. Their decision on this matter shall be final.
- Bona fide visitors shall be permitted to play with a Club Member on payment of a green fee (to be determined by the General Management Committee) once they have registered in the Visitors Book and paid in advance. A member can only introduce two visitors at any one time and no visitor shall be permitted to play more than five times in any one season. The member introducing the visitor shall be responsible for the visitor’s behaviour on the green.
- Club members must have “Club Stickers” on their bowls at all times when representing the Club.
- Entry forms and competition rules shall be displayed on the Pavilion Notice board.
- Only Life and paid-up Full Members shall be allowed to play in competitions. All competition fees shall be paid at the time of entry.
- Entry to any competition implies acceptance of the rules.
- The Hon. Competition Secretary will be responsible for arbitrating on any disputes that arise during or after a competition.
- Annual General Meeting
- The Annual General Meeting shall be held during the third week in November.
- Members shall be given at least 14 days’ notice of the date of the Annual General Meeting. The Agenda, Notice of Motion and a copy of the Income and Expenditure Account, together with the minutes of the last AGM will be available at the meeting.
- Nominations for the General Management Committee, other Officers, the County Representatives and any other posts and sub-committees shall be invited from all Full and Life members who have joined or re-joined by the end of January. If a Social Committee is formed, then nominations for that committee may be made for Social Members. Nominations for the various posts should be submitted to the Hon. Secretary by the 27th October.
- Any Notice of Motion or Agenda item must be in the hands of the Hon. Secretary, in writing, on or before 27th October, and must be proposed and seconded by Full of Life Members.
- Voting Rights – Full and Life Members shall have equal voting rights on all matters relating to the Club’s affairs, except that only ladies may vote for the Ladies Vice-Captain, and only gentlemen may vote for the Gentlemen’s Vice-Captain. Voting for officers shall be by ballot if there is more than one candidate for an office. Postal votes will be allowed to elect officers only and must be made on an official voting slip obtainable from the Hon. Secretary, not later than two weeks before the AGM. Other voting shall be by show of hands (or by ballot if so requested at the meeting). Social Members do not have a vote.
- The Chairperson’s decision as to the interpretation of the rules at any General Meeting shall be final.
- Social Committee
A Social Committee should be elected at the AGM and will be invited to liaise with the General Management Committee as required.
- Extra Ordinary General meeting
- An EGM may be convened at any time by the General Management Committee for any purpose they consider necessary.
- An EGM shall also be convened by the Club Hon. Secretary within one calendar month of the receipt, in writing, for such a meeting signed by at least 20% of the Club’s current membership.
- At least 14 days’ notice of an EGM shall be given together with the nature of the business to be discussed. No other business shall be conducted. No postal votes are permitted.
- The General Management Committee is authorised to disburse such monies as maybe necessary for the efficient running of the Club. Any other disbursements shall be referred to the AGM or an EGM.
- The Hon. Treasurer shall maintain insurance cover as specified under the terms of the lease.
- An Hon. Auditor shall be appointed at the AGM who will audit the Club’s Income and Expenditure Account at the end of the financial year.
- Non-Profit Making – All surplus income or profits are to be re-invested in the Club.
No surpluses or assets will be distributed to members or third parties.
- If at any General Meeting of the Club, a resolution be passed calling for the dissolution of the Club, the Hon. Secretary shall immediately convene a Special General Meeting of the Club to be held not less than one month thereafter to discuss and note on the resolution.
- If at the Special General Meeting the resolution is carried by at least two-thirds of the Full and Life Members present at the meeting, the General Management Committee shall thereupon, or at such date as shall have been specified in the resolution, proceed to realise the assets of the Club and discharge all liabilities and debts of the Club.
- Upon dissolution of the Club any remaining assets shall be given or transferred to another registered CASC, a registered charity or the sport’s governing body.